As I searched through all the threads, concerning lab 1003, I found
that many people asked this question but it's still unsolved.
So, in the exercise 2.3 I do everything like it's said, and after I
type "C:\Java Programs>javac studentpackage/*.java" I get (I copied
this error message from another thread, but I get exactly the same):

C:\myjavaprograms>javac studentpackage\*.java
studentpackage\StudentRecord.java:3: package anotherpackage does not
exist
import anotherpackage.*;
^
studentpackage\StudentRecord.java:18: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class DummyClass
location: class studentpackage.StudentRecord
        DummyClass dummy = new DummyClass();
        ^
studentpackage\StudentRecord.java:18: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class DummyClass
location: class studentpackage.StudentRecord
        DummyClass dummy = new DummyClass();
                               ^
3 errors

So it appears that compiler can't find anotherpackage, however it
resides in the same directory as studentpackage, and I do everything
just how it was described.
Did anyone have the same issue?

What's more weird, when I type "C:\Java Programs>javac -cp .
studentpackage/*.java" it works! But how could -cp be connected with
compiler at all? It just doesn't make any sense.

Thank you.