https://github.com/trygvis/javax-usb-libusb1

You may find something here.  I am not sure how up to date it is.

On 03/29/2012 12:47 AM, Hardik Shah wrote:

Hi,

I am working on a code which requires communication of java code with usb device. For that I am using javax.usb api

I was successfully able to send vendor specific commands that control the usbDevice. Please find below snippet of code

byte bmRequestType = UsbConst.REQUESTTYPE_DIRECTION_OUT | UsbConst.REQUESTTYPE_TYPE_CLASS | UsbConst.REQUESTTYPE_RECIPIENT_INTERFACE;

                                byte bRequest = 0x09;

                                short wValue = 0x0300

                                short wIndex = 0;

byte[] buffer = {};// propertiary command to be send to usbDevice

UsbControlIrp usbControlIrp = usbDevice.createUsbControlIrp(bmRequestType, bRequest, wValue, wIndex);

                                usbControlIrp.setData(buffer);

                                usbDevice.syncSubmit(usbControlIrp);

However I come across a situation where I need to get some information back from usbDevice (i.e. I will send some command and device will return the some specific information). In other words, I need to write some command to the device and read response for the same. How can I achieve this..?. A code snippet or working example will be helpful.

Please find endpoint information

if (t == UsbConst.ENDPOINT_TYPE_INTERRUPT && ep.getDirection() == UsbConst.ENDPOINT_DIRECTION_IN

&& ep.getUsbEndpointDescriptor().bEndpointAddress() == SCHOMAKER_ENDPOINT_ADDR ) {

endptIn = ep;

System.out.println("DEBUG AbstractCardReader endpoint is selected " );

foundEp = true;

                                                                break;

Thanks

Shah