Hi javax-usb-devel :

We have a framework that has used javax-usb(-ri(-linux))  for years.  Can't
get rid of the API.
But our kernel is being upgraded to >=3.5 and usbfs has gone away ( ;-(  )
Meanwhile, looking at javax-usb-linux-ri 1.0.3 (latest) source, it still
wants to find usbfs under either /proc/bus/usb (_OLD) or /dev/bus/usb
(_NEW).

Any plans to modify javax-usb-ri-linux to use sysfs or udev or libusb or
... ?

Curious,
T.

PS:  I have already found this:
http://trygvis.dyndns.org/~trygvis/wiki/Implement_javax.usb_with_libusb
which looks interesting, but I don't know how baked it is.
Still exploring options ...

--
// Only dead fish go with the flow.