Hi Taika,

This sometimes happens to me, as well, where the Windows installer will
suddenly appear for no reason.

I can't say that it affected my office applications, but I eventually found
out that it had something to do with Adobe's automatic updates installing
themselves.

If you check out your processes in the task manager or the services in the
ms config dialog box, you'll notice a file called accrotray.exe.

This is a program that resides in the background that monitors activity on
the Adobe server for updates that need to be installed.

This is similar to the Windows automatic updates feature.

This can be tweaked in the Adobe Acrobat options dialog box.

The Easiest way to tell if you have this or not, is if you have Adobe
Acrobat reader 7 and up, you can bet that the auto update feature is
enabled, as it is enabled by default.

Usually this doesn't affect you very much except that it's a pain in the ass
when you wonder if you've downloaded a virus that has just installed itself.
The other thing is that it doesn't download any updates unless your internet
connection is idle for more than a certain number of minutes.

Anyway, like I said, it usually doesn't mean anything and you can usually
let it go without any problems.

Victor