From: "Taika" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 11:48 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Word 2000 and Menus Problem

    I am having a problem with Word 2000. I use XP Home, JAWS 6.0, Outlook
Express and Word 2000.
For some reason, when I am in a Word Document, either reading one or
creating one, when I press the alt key for menus, JAWS is silent.
Maneuvering with the Say Line and JAWS cursor, I can get things done,
usually, but in a very laborious way which also wastes valuable time.

I am sure that I must have accidentally checked or unchecked some setting
somewhere. Have I given enough information for anybody to recognize what
could be going on and how I can fix it?
Thanks always.