Here's the function but the problem is with version 8 I'm not having an easy a time placing the line to call the function as I did in the past. The same instructions don't work like they did then. Never the less here's something for you folks to go over and maybe somebody out there will find the spot to call it even though I haven't this evening.
David Ferrin
the Function AutoMaximize goes in the default script file so it may be called from other applications as well.

void Function AutoMaximize ()
var string StatusSymbol
SaveCursor ()
FindGraphic (GetAppMainWindow (GetCurrentWindow ()), "maximize symbol", s_top, s_unrestricted)
let StatusSymbol=GetWord()
If StatusSymbol == "Maximize Symbol" Then
LeftMouseButton ()
EndIf
RestoreCursor ()
Pause()