From: Robert S. Batchelor
To: jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 4:03 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Re: what is the system tray

I myself think it is rather sad that people don't know the basic names or
functions of their own computer system for whatever reason. Even worse they
don't take a minute or two to try and do BASIC research on their own to at
least find out before resorting to information boards like this.

This board is here to deal with a piece of software that is added to a
computer and answer questions pertaining to the functionality of that
software and how it interacts with other software on your computer.

In this modern day of information, technology and the internet it is so much
easier to have access to information than ever before. The problem is people
develop habits that tend to make them lazy. The tendency to being spoon fed
instead of searching or looking up for ones self becomes the rule of thumb
instead of the occasional aide when you get stuck and need assistance being
pointed in the right direction.

People that want to drive a car take drivers education, read the manual of
the car to at least to get a basic understanding of how it operates and then
gets someone to sit next to them while they drive (learners permit) for a
sense of reassurance just in case and then finally given a road test and a
written test to ensure they have learned the laws of the road and where the
car jack is located in case they have a flat. For those that have a flat
there is an "Owners manual" to reference how to change the tire in case it
is your first time doing so.

While operating a car, much like a computer, there are certain rules or laws
one needs to know before going unassisted.  I am sure knowledgeable people
like Walt and others here didn't get to the point of their vast knowledge by
osmosis or being spoon fed!

Take a little responsibility for yourself and do the homework/search
yourself and know this place is here as a support and backup when needed.

This post is my opinion and not the owners of this board.

Bob the Grumpy One

Eliminate annoying spam!

My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster.
http://www.ihatespam.net