Please let me know if this is not a JAWS issue.
I have JAWS 6.0 and XP home and DSL.
I have no router.
After suffering with a disconnect problem for over 6 months, I was told by a
technician that my problem is in my computer.
My symptoms are that I will be disconnected from the internet for no reason.
I have followed JAWS suggestions  on settings for OE and IE.
I have been on the phone with Bell South numerous times and I have had a
technician out to the house 3 times.
The last guy hooked his lap top up to the third, new modem and his lap top
worked much more efficient than my PC.
He feels that there is a problem in my computer that, for some reason, the
computer is not communicating well with the modem and is sluggish.

My question is; where can I look or go in order to find the proper settings
for the modem.
I have run disc defrag. disc clean. deleted IE cookies (temporary files) and
disc scan.
My computer is a Dell, around 2-3 years old.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Rich