From: jason smith
To: jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 9:23 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] installing new voices for Jaws 8.0

Hi list,
I have just installed Jaws 8.0 on to my home desktop. WOW, that was the longest
Jaws install I think I have ever done "smile". A couple of questions I have
though. After the install was finished and I did the required reboot of my
computer, I put the second Jaws 8.0 disk in, so as to install the new voices.
The disk however, will not boot up. Has anyone else experienced this? I think
you can manually start the disk through My computer in windows XP. However, I
don't have classic layout selected and can't find my computer. My second point
is, I noticed with Jaws 8.0, I wasn't prompted for an authorization disk. Is
that because, I already had Jaws 7.0 installed? If so, what will happen when I
install on to the desktops at work? Will I need to use my old authorization
disk? Like I said before, the last authorization disk issued was with Jaws 6.0.
According to my distributor, we have to keep using that one.
Thanks for your help
Jason