Hi All,

This information is addressed to a number of people who asked for this
information, so I may address a number of things in this message.

First and foremost, to Hailley, I'm not sure I understand your question.  If
you are saying you have this program, then great, I think it's a great program
and worth the money to purchase it.

It often catches things even Norton doesn't catch.

On the other hand, if you're saying that the program that you have isn't all
that great, that's fine too, people are entitled to their opinion, but you have
to make sure that you have the right program.

There is Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, which is free for the personal version, and
available from the JFW Lite site, but this program, simply called No Ad-Aware
is not free and is a program that my brother and I have been using for quite a
while.

As I said in my original post, No Ad-Aware does not require any scripts to use
with Jaws, and is completely accessible with Jaws version 5.00 and up.  I can't
say if it is compatible with earlier versions of Jaws as I have never tried it
with earlier versions.

Anyway, Lavasoft's version of Ad-Aware requires scripts to make it accessible
and is free for personal use.

As I also said, No Ad-Aware is almost completely accessible without any
scripts, and even the shields and settings screens are completely accessible.

I'm sorry if I seem to harp on so much about it's accessibility, but it's so
rare to find a computer program that is completely accessible.  Even Spybot for
the Blind versions isn't completely accessible, and they claim to be accessible
for the blind, whereas this program makes no claim, whatsoever, and yet it is
totally accessible.

Anyway, enough of my ranting for today.

Either way, I hope you can clarify your question Hailley.

Now, as for the other person, I think it was Margaret, I believe the
registration stuff is located in the help menu.

I'm sorry, I really can't say where it is and what the process is as my brother
installed it when he installed all the other software on my new laptop, but as
soon as I get a chance, I'll ask him how he did it and write this information
back to you.

Lastly, some important information for those who have downloaded the trial
version, or have upgraded to the registered version, it is important that you
configure the program correctly.

You can do this by going into the options menu, and into the settings dialog
box, which is the first option in the menu.

Once in the dialog box, tab through the checkboxes and make sure that the
following is checked:

* automatically save log file
* always request confirmation before removing spyware

The option after these ones is automatically check for updates.  This is one
that you must decide whether you want.

The Program does give you the option of updating the threat signatures yourself
manually by pressing the update button on the main console, or you can elect to
have the program do it as soon as you start it up.

I have a high speed internet connection and am therefore always connected to
the internet, so I have that checked on, so as soon as I turn on the program,
it automatically scans for updates to the program, and asks me if I want to
download it and initialize it.

The second setting you have to configure is the scan setting, so after you've
finished checking the boxes I've labelled above, tab over to the o.k. button,
and press the spacebar.

Afterwards, go back into your options menu, and up arrow to scan settings.

This is the important setting to configure, otherwise it does not run a
complete scan.

You see, what it gives you is the option for a full system scan, or a smart
scan, which takes less time.

However, the latter is not a full system scan, and, naturally, it neglects to
scan some things during this process, so I would recommend you set it to do
full system scan every time.

So, after the scan settings dialog box has opened, you'll land on the o.k.
button, don't ask me why, it just does this for no reason.

Either way, tab twice, and you'll land on a radio button.  At this point you
can either up or down arrow to the desired choice, as there are only two
choices, perform a smart system scan, or perform a full system scan.

As I said, the latter should be chosen, as it is more complete and in-depth.

Once you've made your choice, tab once more and you'll land on a checkbox that
says include sub-folders and files in your scan.  This should, obviously, be
checked.

Once you've checked this box, tab over to the o.k. button and you're done in
terms of setting up the scan and program portions of the program.

As for the other options, in the menu, I can't really say how to go through
them, such as the Active X shields and the automatic scheduling, as I do not
use them at all, but as this program is so accessible, don't be afraid to go
through the options yourself if you know what you're doing, and check it out.

As I said, I will ask my brother about the registration process and let you
know how to do it.

I hope this helps you all.

Victor