Denny is quite correct and I never suggest anybody use the merge utility at
all.
David Ferrin
From: "Denny Huff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 9:14 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Re: getting my scripts from jaws four five one to jaws
eight

Patty,
 Jaws 4.51 doesn't have the explore my settings.
I think that was added in version 6.
But what you can do Gabriel is, If you made the changes in your default
dictionary, you could do a windows find for the default.jdf file.  Just make
sure that it is in the 4.51 Jaws enu directory that you are copying from.
Once you have found it, copy it to the clipboard and then like Patty said,
go to your program, Jaws 8, explore Jaws settings an finally to, Explore my
settings.
Here you can paste that file you have in the clipboard.
If the dictionary is something other than the default, then do a windows
find for, *.jdf and then select the dictionaries you want.

  _____

 Denny