  From: Victor Gouveia
  To: jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2007 5:43 AM
  Subject: [JAWS-Users] Re: web mail

  Hi Tammy,

  Composing e-mails are just as easy, if not easier, depending on the version
of Jaws you have.

  I am currently running Jaws 7 and I find that once I press the navigation
hotkey to get to the compose button with the B key and hit enter, Yahoo
typically focuses on the to field of the next page where you compose the
message.

  At that point, all you have to do is press enter to go to forms mode and you
can tab through the different fields.

  Having said that, there is a caveat in this process.

  First off, I don't know what it's like to send attachments with web mail, so
I can't really comment on that part of it, so please try at your own risk, and
if it behooves you, please report back what you find as I am interested in that
also.

  Secondly, the spell checker is atrocious to use, and completely inaccessible,
or rather, a complete pain in the ass to use with Jaws.

  It could also be that I didn't have enough patience to learn to use it
properly, or that Yahoo may have possibly made the process better to use for
blind and visually impaired users of their site since the last time I tried to
use it, but in any case, the same use at your own risk applies here also.

  One thing I find easier to use is possibly composing the e-mail in another
program, such as Outlook Express or Microsoft Word or Word Pad, use the spell
checker in those programs, then cut and paste the result into the message field
of the web mail message.

  I find this a great deal easier, especially if I have a really long piece to
compose, or if I'm not feeling particularly well that day and I make a number
of mistakes.

  Either way, you can decide if you want to try those aspects of the process.

  Hope this helps.

  Victor