Hi Siobhan,

On David's site:

www.jaws-users.com

David has a program called Belarc Advisor.

This program, once installed, will give you everything you wanted to know about
your computer, laptop or desktop, and more you didn't want to know.

It's very easy to install, and once installed, it gives you all the
information, right down to the model number, and serial number, assuming you
have the original installation package that came with the machine.

In other words, no re-formats or anything like that.

Once you get the machine's model number, just zip off to the Dell website, and
download the manual.

My advice is to open the manual up in it's original form, which, if I know
Dell, is in PDF format, then convert the file into html.

This is best for long files of this type, as things may come up while you're
reading the manual, so you'll have to come back to it.

In that particular instance, you can just place a placemarker on the page, and
come back to it later by pressing one key.

Just something to consider.

Victor