What programs you used when you noticed this problem?  Did you try say word in
context command insert+c? This is very usable command for text editors and not
only. I think this will help you avoid constantly reentering the find dialogue.
Inn IE just press f3 and you're on the next place where your search string ccan
be found.
Hope this helps.
Negoslav