Just to elaborate a little more.

A wireless and a WIFY are the same, a wireless radio which will send and
receive data to and from your computer.

A broadband card might refer to a network card more commonly attached to the
network through a RJ45 connector. This is not wireless but an Ethernet direct
connect adapter..

Many laptop, otherwise known as notebook computers will have both types of
network adapter, particularly those built over the past four or five years.

The wireless standards have evolved from 811B and 811G  there was an earlier
standard "a ##" I just now forget. The 811B goes up to 11.0 MBPS the 811G to
56.0 MBPS.

The network card standards usually seen are Ethernet 10 or 100 MBPS. Again in a
notebook these are usually standard along with a standard telephone type jack
to accommodate the built-in modem.

There are other wireless modes in many notebooks, probably most now, one is the
Infrared wireless adapter the other a Bluetooth wireless radio frequency
adapter. These differ in that you don't use them as part of the network in the
usual sense of that term, they are used to communicate with peripherals
wirelessly. Files can be transferred and address books synchronized through
these devices, things like cell phones, PDAs and wireless headphones are the
more usual connections made with those wireless cards.

Hope this doesn't just muddy the waters further.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype DaleLeavens