Hi anyone who uses speakDropbox or is otherwise interested. speakDropbox 17 update just came out a couple days ago. As far as I've been able to tell, I didn't break anything. The most notable change is the settings sub menu in the speakDropbox tray menu is moved into a separate configuration window that you can open and has check boxes and combo boxes and buttons and the like. works around a big bug I was experiencing where I couldn't get the speakDropbox menu to focus when I opened it. I don't imagine folks will have a problem with the change, it's still pretty easy and simple. shift+Alt+windows+m keystroke now opens the configuration window instead of the speakDropbox menu. This should not pose a problem because the configuration window has all of the functionality the old tray menu had. I haven't removed the tray menu completely yet, but the settings sub menu inside is gone. Everything else remains plus a command to open the configuration window.

The other major change is that from now on it is able to automatically update itself. those of you running a version before this latest 17 update do have to update to 17 manually if they want it, but from then on it will update to newer versions by itself. It checks 1 hour after launch and then every 6 hours after that. This can be turned off in the configuration window.

http://valiant8086.com/applications/speakDropbox/

Hope everyone likes the update and, by the way, no fix for the "Dropbox syncing, Dropbox up to date" messages yet. That'll probably be in version 18. Wish I knew why Dropbox saw the need to change that, it doesn't seem like this benefits people any.

--
Cheers, Aaron Spears, general Partner - Valiant Galaxy Associates Developing "very good audiogames" for the blind community http://valiantGalaxy.com Sent with Thunderbird 38.5.0 portable