Thanks Mike. I'll save this, but probably lose it somewhere. Really, it's just that I'm too old to remember how to do it from upgrade to upgrade. So why not have VFO simplify it and add this to the start-up wizard like the key echo setting.

lucky1i...@gmail.com
Faithfulness does not begin with large tasks-if it is not present in small
things, it does not exist at all.

On 3/26/2017 2:54 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Hi Maria,

See if the notes below will jog your memory:
From: David
Hello there;

If you want to silent the tab key and the escape keys,
Try the following,

1, insert+f2=RunJawsManagerDialog,

2, now press s=settingsCenter, press enter,
Now, ctrl+shift+d=default,
3, here you can either type keyboard in the search box, or, just tab and
down arrow to keyboard, and right arrow to open,
Now arrow and select manage key labels ... or, you could press the letter M.
And press enter.

Now you need to find, the tab key by pressing the letter T,
And tab and press,
Enter on,tab toggle
And now tab to okay, and alt+f4 and say yes to changes,
David

From: Farfar Carlson
If I may add to David's already well-written guide, that there are several
key combinations and individual letter/number/symbol keys that you can
control in the same way. I mute my spacebar, tab, alt, enter,
up/down/left/right, escape, and many others that just clutter up my JAWS
experience. However I've noticed that I always need to re-do these after a
major JAWS update (e.g. from 11 to 12).

Dave

From: Dave Scrimenti
Go to the default configuration manager. In keyboard options, go to the key
labels tab. Find the keys you want to mute, and use the radio buttons to
mute them. I always mute the tab key, which also mutes the alt+tab
combination.
Dave

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.
Early to bed, early to rise, keep my iHemorrhoids from being a surprise.