hi Vicki,
I use internet explorer as my default browser. the page is in Italian.
I can tell  because eloquence get's slower and starts speaking
roboticly. when I was a kid, I used to mess around with JAWS languages
back in the JAWS 3.7 update days. I remember what languages sound like
with eloquence. when I press enter on the English link, my fan of my
mac with bootcamp speeds up. whatever the page is, it's processer
intensive at least for me. I tried opening the English page in a new
window thinking that would work, but it was still in Italian in the
new window.
hope this helps,
Daniel