From: Jim Flusche
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 6:33 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Creators update, The control and ALT keys, your
bestfriend, part 3

Hi Jaws users, this lesson mostly covers using Internet explorer with Jaws.
This will be helpful for all the new Jaws users to the group.

Creators update, The Control and ALT keys, your best friend, part 3
This is a text tutorial, provided freely by The W-10 and Jaws group, anyone may
freely share this file.
Author: Jim Flusche

This lesson has been updated to the W-10 Creators update.
This lesson mainly covers using Internet explorer with Jaws.

Let us start this lesson out, being focused on the Desktop, press Windows key+M.
Press the Home key, you should land on the, This PC icon, or whatever icon is
first on your desktop.
**Press Control+Spacebar, to deselect the desktop icon, this keystroke will
also select.
**Now press the Applications key.
For example on my computer, this is how I have things set up.
Press Control+Spacebar, you will hear, Not Selected This PC.
Press the Applications key, you will hear.
*Tip, your computer may have more or less items.
Context Menu To navigate press Up or Down Arrow, AMD VISION Engine Control
Center.
Down arrow one time, View  sub menu.
Right arrow one time, you will hear, Large icons.
Down arrow through the list, you will hear.
Medium icons  checked.
Small icons.
Auto arrange icons  checked.
Align icons to grid  checked.
Show desktop icons  checked.
Now press the Left arrow key.
Down arrow to, Sort by  sub menu.
Press the Right arrow one time to, Name  checked.
Down arrow through this list, you will hear.
Size.
Item type.
Date modified.
You will wrap back around to Name  checked.
Now press the Left arrow key again.
Down arrow one time to, Refresh.
Down arrow again to, Paste  Unavailable.
Down arrow again to, Paste shortcut  Unavailable.
Down arrow again to, NVIDIA Control Panel.
Down arrow again to, New  sub menu.
Right arrow to, Folder.
Down arrow through this list, you will hear.
Shortcut.
Microsoft Access Database.
Bitmap image.
Contact.
Microsoft Word Document.
Microsoft Access Database.
Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation.
Microsoft Publisher Document.
Text Document.
Microsoft Excel Worksheet.
Compressed (zipped) Folder.
Press the Lef arrow back to, New  sub menu.
Press the Down arrow key to, Display settings.
Down arrow again to, Personalize.
*Tip, Pressing the Down arrow key again, will wrap you back around to the top
of the list.
If you press Enter on Display settings, you will be taken to the display page
in the settings area of W-10.
If you press Enter on Personalize, You will land in the search edit box, Tab
one time to, background, under the personalization, main category in the
settings area of W-10.

===
**Now open Internet Explorer on your computer.
**If you press ALT+A, you will land on the Ad to favorites button.
*Tip, After pressing ALT+A, pressing the Enter key two times, will ad the
current internet Explorer page, to your favorites list in IE.
**For example: After pressing ALT+A, you will hear.
Add to favorites...
Down arrow one time, you will hear.
Add to Favorites bar.
*Tip, this will also save websites in a different folder for easy access.
Down arrow again, you will hear.
Organize favorites...
Down arrow again, you will hear.
Favorites Bar sub menu, press the Right arrow key one time, I hear the
following on my computer.
NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League.
My Account.
My Microsoft Account.
**Now after pressing ALT+A, you can use first letter navigation to jump to any
of your saved favorite web sites.
*Tip, if you only have one saved website with that letter, after pressing that
letter, you will go to that website.
*Tip, if you have several websites starting with that letter, you will jump to
the next saved one, each time you press that letter, press Enter to open that
favorite website.
**After pressing ALT+A, you also can just down arrow to Favorites Bar sub menu,
and press the Right arrow key, and Down arrow through the items on the
Favorites Bar sub menu, press Enter to open.
**You can also press ALT+C, to open Favorites, tip, you may need to press this
keystroke two times to open.
For example, after pressing ALT+C:
I landed on Favorites Bar Closed, 1 of 39.
I pressed the Right arrow key one time, Favorites Bar Opened, 3 items.
1 My Microsoft Account, 1 of 3.
My Account 2 of 3.
NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League 3 of 3.
I pressed the Up arrow to, Favorites Bar Opened, I press the Left arrow to
close.
It now says, Favorites Bar Closed 1 of 39.
If I Down arrow one time, I will hear:
Accessible YouTube - YourTube 2 of 39.
If I just press the letter W, I will hear, windows-10-and-Jaws - Yahoo Groups,
24 of 39
**Other keyboard shortcuts for Internet Explorer.
**Press ALT+D, takes you to the address bar, the address is already highlighted
for you.
Just press Control+C, to copy that website address to the clipboard.
**Press Insert+A, to hear Jaws speak the current website address.
**How to use and set up place markers with Jaws.
For example, why on the MSN.com home page in Internet Explorer.
I pressed H, for headings.
I stopped at, Latest Stories.
I pressed Control+Shift+K, opened the place marker dialog.
I tab one time to ad, press the Spacebar, I tabbed three times to the OK
button, press Enter.
*Tip, press Control+Home, takes you to the top of the page, now press the
letter K, you will land on your new place marker.
*Tip, you will need to set up your place markers, on your individual favorite
Internet site webpages.
Tip, once you set them up, go to that page, press the letter K, to jump through
all your place markers for that webpage.
*Tip, sometimes you may want to set place markers up the following way, this is
true on the MSN home page.
On the MSN home page, on the heading level 2 Latest Stories.
Press Control+Shift+K, PlaceMarker List dialog, PlaceMarker List view, 0 items
Tab one time to, add... Button, press the Spacebar.
You will hear, Add PlaceMarker dialog Name: Edit Latest Stories
Tab one time to, Define for all pages on current domain check box not checked,
press the Spacebar to check this item.
Tab again to, Anchor to text check box not checked, press the Spacebar to check
this item.
Tab again, you will hear, Anchor Text: Edit Latest Stories.
Tab again to the OK Button, press Enter.
*Tip, some times you must press the spacebar and check, Anchor to text, for the
place marker to hold on certain websites.
*Tip, the next time you are on the MSN home page, just press the letter K, you
will land on, Latest Stories.
**Now using the place markers on the NFB news line webpage.
Go to the date link for the paper.
Press Control+Shift+K, opens the place marker dialog page.
Tab one time to, Add..., press enter, tab to the OK button, press Enter.
Now go to the top of the page with, Control+home, press the letter K, to jump
directly to your paper date link, press Enter to open that paper.
**For example, my papers list, I have added place markers for several papers,
they are listed below.
Akron Beacon Journal 03/25/2017 visited Link.
Cleveland Plain Dealer 03/25/2017 visited Link.
Columbus Dispatch, Ohio 03/25/2017 visited Link.
Miami Herald 03/25/2017 visited Link.
PC World 04/01/2017 visited Link.
*Tip, the place marker is set on the paper, and its first date given for that
paper.
*Tip, I have my NFB news papers to list alphabetically.
**Setting a temperary place marker.
Press Control+Windows+K, sets a temperary place marker.
On any website in Internet Explorer, at the beginning of any text block to be
copied, press Control+Windows+K.
At the end, of any block of text to be copied, press Insert+Spacebar, followed
by the letter M, this will select all the block of text in-between, press
Control+C, to copy all the block of the text.
**How to get to Internet Options.
** With Internet Explorer opened, Press ALT+T,  followed by the letter O.
You will hear the following items.
Home page, http://go.microsoft.com.
*Tip, if you wish to change the home page, do the following.
Backspace or delete out the current address, type in the new home page address,
tab to the OK button, press Enter.
Now from the home page address, Tab one time to, Use current Button.
Tab again to, Use default Button.
Tab again to, Use new tab Button.
Tab again to, Start with home page radio button checked, 2 of 2.
Tab again to, Tabs Button.
You can press Enter on the Tabs button, and change how tabs are shown.
Tab again to, Delete browsing history on exit check box not checked.
Tab again to, Browsing History Delete... Button.
When you see the ... following a item, this means by pressing Enter, you land
in a dialog page.
Tab again to, Temporary Internet Files and History Settings Button.
Tab again to, Colors Button.
Tab again to, Languages Button.
Tab again to, Fonts Button.
Tab again to, Accessibility Button.
Tab again to, OK Button.
Tab again to, Cancel Button.
**Press Control+Tab, to move forward through the tabs, use Control+Shift+Tab,
to move backwards through the tabs in Internet Explorer Options.
What are the different tabs under internet Explorer obtions?
General Tab, we already looked at this tab.
Security Tab
Privacy Tab
Content Tab
Connections Tab
Programs Tab
Advanced Tab
And we wrap back around to the General Tab
**Now let us look at the Programs Tab.
This is how it should be set, Choose how you open links. Combo box Always in
Internet Explorer on the desktop.
Tab again to, Open Internet Explorer tiles on the desktop check box checked, if
this is unchecked, press the Spacebar to check.
Tab again to, Manage add-ons Button.
Tab again to, HTML editor: Combo box Word 2016.
Tab again to, Set programs Button.
Tab again to, Set associations Button.
Tab again to, OK Button.
Tab again to, Cancel Button.
**Press Enter on Manage add-ons Button.
You will hear, Currently loaded add-ons
Press your arrow key and change it to All add-ons.
Tab one time from All add-ons.
You will be in a List view of ad-ons, press the Home key to go to the top, as
you Down arrow, you will hear.
Lync Browser Helper, Microsoft Corporation, Disabled, 64-bit. Publisher:
Microsoft Corporation, Status: Disabled, Architecture: 64-bit
Lync Click to Call, Microsoft Corporation,  Disabled, 64-bit. Publisher:
Microsoft Corporation, Status: Disabled, Architecture: 64-bit
Shockwave Flash Object, Microsoft Windows Third Party Application Component,
Enabled, 32-bit and 64-bit
Send to OneNote, Not Available, Disabled, 32-bit and 64-bit
OneNote Linked Notes, Not Available, Disabled
**Tip, If you wish to turn on any ad-on, highlight it, in the list.
Tab three times to, enable button, press enter.
Now Tab to close, press Enter, Tab to the OK button, press Enter.
**Now let us look at some other places in Internet Explorer.
What will I see if I press the ALT key, and press the Right arrow key.
Menu bar, File, F.
Edit, E.
View, V.
Favorites, a.
Tools, T.
Help, H.
**ALT+F, opens file menu.
**ALT+E, opens edit menu.
**ALT+V, opens the view menu.
**ALT+A, opens the favorites menu.
**ALT+T, opens the tool menu.
**ALT+H, opens the help menu.
**Other items.
**Press ALT+Home key, to go back to your home page at any time in Internet
Explorer.
**Press ALT+left arrow or press the Backspace key, to go back a page.
**How do I copy the address of a web page to share with someone else?
On the web page to share, do the following.
**Press ALT+D, opens the address bar, press Control+C, copies the selected
address to the clipboard.
For example:
>From the MSN home page.
I pressed ALT+D, then pressed Control+C, then pressed the F6 key a few times to
I then pasted the following, http://www.msn.com/
**Press Insert+A, to read the current web address.
**Press Control+Insert+letter, to display a list of that element on the web
page.
For example, from MSN home page.
**Press Control+Insert+A, list of radio buttons.
You will hear, Select a Radio Button dialog.
What will you do with your tax refund?  I'll save it radio button not checked
What will you do with your tax refund?  I'll spend it on a vacation radio
button not checked
What will you do with your tax refund?  I'll spend it on everyday things radio
button not checked
What will you do with your tax refund?  I'm not getting a refund this year
radio button not checked.
**Press Control+Insert+B, list of buttons on the page.
You will hear a list of 48 buttons on the page.
**Press Control+Insert+C, list of combo boxes, there are three.
**Press Control+Insert+L, list of lists.
**Now press Control+J, view downloads.
You will land in a list, starting on the last item you downloaded to your
computer.
*Tip, after downloading a book from say, bookshare.
Before downloading a second book, press Control+J, tab to clear list, press the
Spacebar, tab to close, press the Spacebar.
Now when you download your second book, you will still hear the percentage of
the download read out by Jaws.
**If you press Control+Insert+W, This will bring up a word index of words,
starting with the most used and down to the least used words on the webpage.
Use first letter navigation to find a word you are looking for, press Enter on
that word.
Now just press the letter W, over and over, to quickly jump down the webpage to
all the Occurrences of that word.
**Press Control+T, to open the new tab edit box, type in a web address, press
Enter, the new page will load.
**Press Control+T, type in something you are searching for, press Enter, My
results open in Bing.
Press Control+W, to close a tab in Internet Explorer.
**For more help why you are on a internet explorer page, press Insert+F1, you
will hear the following on the MSN page.
This page contains 285 links.
there are 131 headings.
1 at level 1,
14 at level 2,
115 at level 3,
1 at level 4,
There are 7 forms.
The address of the current page is http://www.msn.com/?ocid=iehp&pc=EUPP_
This is an HTML or PDF document.
You can use the standard JAWS reading commands or Navigation Quick Keys to
navigate and read this document. JAWS can also
display lists of certain elements on this page. For example, you can press
INSERT+F7 for a list of links, INSERT+F6 for a list of headings, or INSERT+F5
for a list of form fields. In addition, if you hold down CTRL+INSERT while
pressing a Navigation Quick Key, JAWS displays a list of all elements of that
type on the page.
By default, Auto Forms Mode is on. This means that when you navigate to an edit
field, JAWS automatically turns on Forms Mode so that you can immediately
type text in the edit field. Forms Mode will turn off when you exit the edit
field.
If you turn off the Auto Forms Mode option, using the Quick Settings dialog box
(INSERT+V), you must now press ENTER to manually trigger Forms Mode before
you can type in the edit field. Press ESC or NUMPAD PLUS to manually exit Forms
Mode.
You can create PlaceMarkers to help you bookmark important locations on the
page for easy reference. Press CTRL+Windows+K to create a temporary PlaceMarker
that you can return to by pressing the Navigation Quick Key K. To create a
permanent PlaceMarker at your current location, press CTRL+SHIFT+K to open the
PlaceMarker
dialog. You can assign custom labels to almost any element on the page. To
assign a custom label to a link, image, button, or other element on the page,
move to
it and press CTRL+INSERT+TAB. Alternatively, you can press INSERT+F2 and choose
"Custom Label."
If a Web page supports a Web feed, JAWS will announce, "RSS Feeds available." A
Web feed is a way to subscribe to your favorite Web sites and
receive updated content. This content can consist of headlines, articles,
podcasts, summaries, and so on. Internet Explorer 7 or later constantly
scans the Web pages that you visit to see if they support Web feeds.
To add a feed in Internet Explorer 7, press ALT+J to open the Feeds context
menu. Select the feed that you want and press ENTER.
To add a feed in Internet Explorer 8 or later, select Feed Discovery from the
Tools menu  to open a context menu containing feeds and web slices for the
current page.
Select the feed that you want and press ENTER.
Next, select the "Plus button subscribe to this feed" link, or the "Subscribe
to this feed" link. Finally, choose "Subscribe."
To view a list of feeds, press CTRL+G, and use the UP or DOWN ARROW keys to
navigate the Feeds list.
For more details on these features, refer to the JAWS Help system. You can also
press INSERT+H to view a complete list of JAWS hot keys for HTML or PDF
documents.
This ends the Control and Alt key, your best friend lessons.

**Again all your feedback is welcome, on all these short lessons at all times.

*My purpose for developing all of this free material for the Blind computer
user is to help teach and assist a Blind person to use w-10 with a Screen
reader like Jaws.
*My hope is that the Blind computer user will grow in confidence, in their
ability, to use, and to navigate the w-10 computer system, using just Jaws.
*We also have group members, to can help teach about using NVDA, on a W-10
computer as well.
*This is one of many tutorials, I hope to produce, for the Blind community, to
help teach all of them, how to use a W-10 computer using Jaws.
*My hope is , That over time, they would learn how to do, and complete, various
computer tasks in W-10, all by themselves.
*The W-10 and Jaws yahoo group is a freely provided ministry of The River Yahoo
group.
*I freely offer the W-10 and Jaws group, and all of its materials, as a free
and voluntary work of love, to reach out and teach all the blind computer users
all over the world, how to learn how to use a W-10 computer using Jaws.

You can subscribe to The  Windows 10 and Jaws Yahoo group at:

windows-10-and-jaws-subscr...@yahoogroups.co.in

You can subscribe to The River group at:

the-river-subscr...@yahoogroups.com

Happy learning! God bless!
Sincerely: Jim Flusche.
Owner of the Windows 10 and Jaws and The River Yahoo groups.

>From your humble Pinhead!
A Ballast for My Soul

Life is like a stormy sea
That tosses to and fro,