I have used Toshiba laptops for some years now and have been very satisfied. I always get numpads on mine, but still do use an external keyboard most of the time.

lucky1i...@gmail.com
Faithfulness does not begin with large tasks-if it is not present in small
things, it does not exist at all.

On 6/14/2017 3:52 PM, jyandt.mar...@comcast.net wrote:
Tammy:

As with most things, it all ends up being personal preference. Myself, however, would recommend a Dell laptop, with a full numeric keypad (I am assuming that there is a choice between having one, and not having one). My reason for this is that it is easier for me to do some of the JAWS keys with the numeric keypad, than having to learn the different keystrokes without one. But as I said, that is my preference. I have always used a Dell, so I cannot compare it with others. Hope this helps.
Jerry

-----Original Message----- From: Tammy Freitag
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 2:41 PM
To: jaws-users-list
Subject: [JAWS-Users] laptop questions

Hello,
I am looking for opinions about laptop brands.  I know there isn't one
perfect answer to this but I do value the opinions and experiences of
others.  I want to purchase a Windows 10 laptop.  Here are my
questions;
1.  Which brand would you recommend? Why?
2.  What brand would you totally avoid? Why??
3.  Since I use Jaws, would it be better to purchase a system off the
shelf or have one custom built?  I have had them custom built before
because I didn't want all of the games and extra unaccessible programs
taking up space.

These will do for a start.
Thanks for your input!