From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:08 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Jaws 18 and PDF?

Hi, Vicky. I'll answer with a qualified yes. I'm assuming that JAWS 16 doesn't
have the Convenient OCR feature, but I could be wrong. With convenient OCR,
JAWS makes it easy to convert PDF files. The typical sequence of keystrokes is
JAWS key+spacebar, then o for OCR, then d for document. You wait a while, not
long at all for short documents and maybe a few minutes for longer ones, and
then the text of the PDF file is displayed in a new window.

If you can live with those steps, the Convenient OCR feature is well
worthwhile. I use it all the time.