From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2017 1:37 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Property Loss Message

Hi Patti,

Rather than me trying to explain all this computer lingo crap to you, below
are a couple of explanations as to why you want to copy from 1 drive  to
another drives using the same formatting.  The new drives I had were
formatted as FAT32, so I needed to reformat them to, NTSF, because NTSF is
the formatting of my harddrive.

From: Carlos
If it is a card, the chances are that it is formatted as FAT32 or exFAT.
This problem is caused because unlike the NTFS file system, FAT32 and exFAT
cannot store alternate data streams.  The loss of such properties will not
damage the files in question and it is safe to proceed with copying.  At
most you might lose some metadata.  You can see what file system a
particular drive is using by highlighting it in Explorer, pressing Alt+Enter
to access it's properties, and reviewing the information with the JAWS
cursor or equivalent.
Carlos

From: Michael Boyd
Files that are saved to a drive which is formatted as NTFS, especially image
files and the like, often have multiple streams of data associated within
them. If you are copying from a NTFS formatted drive to one formatted as
Fat32, you will receive this message. The Fat32 file system cannot support
these different data streams and they are deleted as a result when copied to
this drive. You can reformat your external drive to NTFS and should not have
this problem anymore.
Michael

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the