Regarding the .exe file, where would we find it? I, myself, am using JAWS 17, Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Many thanks in advance. Jerry

-----Original Message----- From: Adrian Spratt
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 4:26 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] how to repair jaws

Dennis,

I'll give you the instructions I took down the last time I spoke to FS tech support. This was for JAWS 17 or 18, so I can't vouch that it also works for 15, but my guess is that it does. If you have misgivings about this, call FS tech support to make sure. While these steps may look complicated at first glance, they actually go pretty smoothly, so long as you have the .exe file for your version and release number of JAWS in your system or know where to download it from the FS website.

February 2017.
First, make sure you have the .exe file on your system for the JAWS build you're running. You can download it from the FS/VFO website.
Unlike before, it doesn't seem to matter where you keep it on your system.
Close all running apps.
Highlight the JAWS .exe file.
Press shift-F10.
Arrow up to "Copy as path." Press enter.
Open the run dialog with Windows key-r.
Press control-v, then spacebar, then / (the forward slash key), then the word "type", spacebar, and then the word "repair." Let me try that command line a different way. After pressing control-v followed by the spacebar, continue with /type repair
Then press enter.