The subject line says it all, and I hate long subject lines, but what can I
say.  On the day the beta was released, I downloaded it and installed it on
my desktop pc running Windows 10 pro, and on my laptop running Windows 7
home edition.  Both versions are 64 bit, of course.  Anyway, when my Windows
10 computer boots up, I hear Jaws home use edition, but on my laptop running
Windows 7, I hear the announcement followed by the words beta release.

After the installation of Jaws 2018 beta on my laptop computer, it did not
come up automatically.  I had to use Nvda to get me out of the jam.  I got
Jaws to come up talking, but I was asked if I wanted to merge my custom
settings and I answered yes.  I recall another list member answering no to
that prompt.  Could the merging of my custom settings have anything to do
with the slightly different announcement?

Oh, by the way, I reported not being able to use Edge with my bank's website
to VFO, so no need to remind me, smile.

Mike M.