To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 12:00 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Intro and Internet Explorer Problem

Hello All,
This is Glenn in Northeast Nebraska.
I believe in myself to be a relatively computer-wise person most of the time, but I have a problem that has me stumped this time, and hoping someone here might have an idea for me. I called Amazon about this problem, and they could not help me, they don't have a clue. Anyway, what happened is that I was trying to help someone with little computer skills, via eMail, because he was having a problem with making some purchases from Amazon.com. So I suggested that he try the access page by typing in the Amazon.com URL with /access at the end. He could not make that simple thing happen, so I told him that I would eMail him the URL, because he can press enter on a link. Well, all that helped, but to be sure that the /access page was still going on with Amazon, I actually did it first from my Internet Explorer. It is, and I copied the URL and sent it to him, and that was the end of his problems, and the beginning of mine.

I prefer IE over FireFox, which I also have installed.
But now, there is no way I can get to a non-access page on Amazon.com, and I would prefer the non-access page, because I don't want separate links for reviews and details, and I like headings on pages, which the access pages lack. I can copy the URL from IE, and paste it into the open page dialog in FF, and I get a normal non-access page. So I tried to copy the non-access URL from FF, and paste it into the open page dialog in IE, and it takes me to an access page in IE.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit and the latest IE for windows 7 and Jaws 18.
I'm thinking that this is a cookie problem.
I looked under my name-folder and found cookies, but windows treats it like a file and asks me which program to open it with. I had asked on another list and a good suggestion was to export my cookies and then delete the cookie folder, and then import the cookies. I did that, and with IE all closed out, but when I went back in, I still get Amazon's access page.

I'm hoping for another suggestion.
Thanks.

Glenn

Lenny/Glenn/N0YJV

"Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now."
Thomas Jefferson

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."
Benjamin Franklin
"The most important thing in this life is to leave more than we take."
Glenn Ervin