Hi Holger,

See if the steps below will get it done for you:
https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/14/
To uninstall Avast Antivirus, follow these steps using the Avast Setup
wizard which you can access via the Programs and FeaturesAdd or Remove
Programs
section of your Windows Control Panel:

list of 17 items
1. Log into Windows as an administrator and ensure no other programs are
running.
2. Right-click the Windows Start button and select Programs and Features
from the menu that appears.
3. Right-click your version of Avast Antivirus, then select Uninstall from
the drop-down menu.
4. Press the Win key and X key simultaneously, then select Programs and
Features from the menu that appears.
5. Right-click your version of Avast Antivirus, then select Uninstall from
the drop-down menu.
6. Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel.
7. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program if you are using the default
category view,  ...or click Programs and Features if you are using the
large/small
icons view.
8. Right-click your version of Avast Antivirus, then select Uninstall from
the drop-down menu.
9. Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel,  ...or select
Settings and then click Control Panel if you are using the classic Start
menu.

10. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program if you are using the default
category view,  ...or double-click Programs and Features if you are using
the
classic view.
11. Right-click your version of Avast Antivirus, then select Uninstall from
the drop-down menu.
12. Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel,  ...or select
Settings and then click Control Panel if you are using the classic Start
menu.

13. Click Add or Remove Programs if you are using the category view,  ...or
double-click Add or Remove Programs if you are using the classic view.
14. Select your version of Avast Antivirus by clicking it once, then click
Remove in the bottom-right corner of the highlighted selection.
15. When the Avast Setup wizard appears, click Uninstall at the bottom of
the screen.
16. Click Yes to confirm the uninstallation of Avast Antivirus.
17. When the uninstallation is complete, click Restart computer to reboot
your PC immediately, or click Restart later if you want to manually reboot
your
PC at a later time.
list end

After your PC restarts, Avast Antivirus is uninstalled. Your PC is no longer
protected by Avast against malware and other threats.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the