It has been a few interesting days with Microsoft support. I must have over
8 phone hours with them. They first tried to correct the network driver
issue. After several calls and attempts it was determined that windows had
corrupted files. They downloaded iso files for both 32 and 64 bit. They
wanted to try and save my programs and files but if that did not work I
could do a clean install of the 64 bit os.
It took several hours for the windows repair to run. At that time I lost the
jaws mirror driver. And I could not run the install of 2018 to correct the
problem.  A call to FS and a follow up call to Microsoft I still could not
run the 2018 repair. Here there were about 175 critical updates that needed
to be installed. After these were installed I still could not repair jaws so
another call to Microsoft.She could not run it so escalated the problem.
Later that night I tried to update I.E. from 8 to 11 and could not run the
update. The following morning I placed another call to have them add I.E. to
the list. This tech asked me to check for updates. Now there were about 20
updates that were not there the night before. I installed them then he
linked into my machine. He uninstalled 2018 and then was able to do a clean
install. He also had no problem installing I.E. 11. Not only is the system
correctly reporting the network status, my one usb port now works and
windows explorer  is working correctly again. I did require a lot of sighted
help. Without the mirror driver jaws could not read the list of updates. It
was recommended not to install more than 100 meg at a time and start from
the bottom, oldest first. So after 3 days and a lot of frustration from my
first call my computer is running like a new machine. I can’t believe how
fast it now comes up and launches I.E.

---

Please visit my web page

http://www.LennyMcHugh.com