From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of mary otten
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2017 2:58 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] question about MJaws convenient ocr

I just read the help segment pertaining to convenient ocr. I have just one
question. I wonder if it is possible to save text that has undergone the ocr
process if a pdf file was the source of the original images or if you have
scanned a number of pages using a scanner or the pearl camera. The help section
did say you lose the text that was acquired from an onscreen image from things
like controls or a set up screen for an app once you move to a different
screen. But I was hoping that in other cases, it might be possible to save the
ocred text for later reading or repeated reading rather than having to ocr it
all over again.

I understand that this feature isn’t an Open Book replacement. But it somehow
seems like it should be possible to just save out what you just spent time
ocring.

Mary

Sent from Mail for Windows 10