Hi Mary,
I don't have the Mail app for Windows 10, so I can't say for sure,
but, perhaps there is a setting in the app like the IOS mail app that is set
to carbon copy you on every sent message.
From past experience, I know that the Windows 10 app doesn't sport the same
flexibility in options as other e-mail clients.

HTH,
Rick Justice

"Tomorrow's another day, another way!"
"and if tomorrow never comes, problem solved!"

----- Original Message -----
From: "mary otten" <maryot...@comcast.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2017 1:51 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] windows 10 mail questions

I hope this is not off topic. I’m using the above named program with Jaws
2018. On my old Windows xp machine with its equally old email client, this
account was set to pop3. That’s all the old email program supported. There
was a setting in that email client that allowed me to delete messages from
the server once they had been downloaded. I know that with gmail on my
phone, I have the option of archiving deleted messages or permanently
deleting them after, I think it is 30 days. I can’t find anything like that
in the windows 10 mail app, which, I guess, means that deleted messages are
going to stay on the server forever, which is not at all what I want. If
there is a setting like what I have described in this app, where is it and
how do I get to it?

Also, I am seeing all of the emails I sent showing up in my messages list in
the inbox in the mail app. That never happened on my xp machine, and it does
not happen in any mail account I have on my phone, and it is not something I
want. I don’t mind a separate sent mail folder, but I sure don’t want to see
what I send in my inbox. How can I make this stop? Thanks in advance for any
help.

Mary

Sent from Mail for Windows 10