Jaws 2018 sluggishness on internet

Don’t know if sluggishness  is quite right for what has been occurring with
Jaws 2018 and Windows 7 on the internet. I have been visiting the Epson, Amazon
and Staples Web sites the last few days and whenever you click on a link Jaws
goes silent for 15 or 20 seconds before resuming speech. Sometimes I have to
tab away from the page to get Jaws talking again. I think this started with
2018. We also have a pc running Windows 10 and Jaws 2018 and it does not have
this problem. Anyone know what is going on with this issue?  Tom