I have never used 18. Didn't like it. This is 2018. I'm guessing it's not there because it's imbedded text in an image.

----- Original Message ----- From: "net bat66" <netba...@gmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] reading empty PDF document with JAWS 2018

check your jaws version again.
this option is not available with version 18.0
only with version 2018.
they are not the same version.
you do not open the files with adobe.
you highlight them from the file list then open a context menu on them
to use the Recognize with JAWS  option. but only with jaws 2018.

-----Original Message----- From: Vicki W.