From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of The Iowa Gal
Sent: January 23, 2018 5:20 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Mysterious reset of file associations Win 10

Hey group,

I'm using the latest Windows 10 with Jaws 2018 build 1710.36. I don't know
what happened, but about a week ago all my file associations were reset.
Groove Music instead of WinAmp, Win 10 mail app instead of Outlook, and all
documents are opening in Word. I am getting the associations back to my
preferences, but can anyone possibly tell me what in the world caused this?
And, of course, doing a system restore would affect a bunch of programs and
I guess I wasn't willing to do that.

Thanks for your ideas,
Norma