From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Fernando Gregoire
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 6:19 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Jaws 2018 repair

Unless you were modifying this file or installing scripts that make
modifications to it, this is rare.
However, if you can bring the file in Script Manager with CTRL+SHIFT+D, try
using the Save As Shared option in the File menu to see if recompiling the file
fixes the issue. This is because JAWS actually doesn't search the default.jss,
but the compiled file in binary format, that is, default.jsb. Note that if you
have UAC enabled, you will need to run Script Manager as administrator to be
able to save into the shared folder.
If you were making modifications, these were saved in the JAWS user folder when
you pressed CTRL+S. If so, go to the JAWS settings folder for your user (use
the Explore My Settings shortcut or go to the path
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\version\Settings\enu), and delete the default.jsb file in this
folder if it exists. If you use JAWS in a language other than English, change
Enu for the three letter abbreviation of your language, for example ESN for
Spanish.

Hope it helps!