David, I would probably start by checking what's set to start when Windows boots up, start with the processes first, but above all, check the manager to see what processes are running to see if it can be shut off.

Odds are, she's possibly said yes to something, or clicked on something she wasn't supposed to, and now she's got banners popping out of the woodwork. Smiles.

Scorpio

-----Original Message----- From: David Ferrin
Sent: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 6:53 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] banners popping up on windows 10

I have to make a call today to a lady that says MSN keeps coming up on her screen with banners scrolling across for no reason at all and she wants me to figure it out.

This is somebody who is quite a problem to work with to say the least so if anybody could give me any thoughts on the matter before hand I would appreciate it. My thinking it is something to do with her privacy settings, but this is only a guess since I have never encountered this problem. The fact is diagnosing some of the things that happen to her system can be a brain buster.

She said she can close it out but it returns and it is supposedly not her screen saver.
David Ferrin
You don't have to be crazy to run a list like this, but it does help.