From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of David G. Carlson Via iPhone
Sent: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 12:11 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Sorting a 2010 Excel worksheet

About as good as you will get.  Trial and error required.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 7, 2018, at 6:36 AM, Greg Washington <gregw...@comcast.net> wrote:

I need to sort a Excel 2010 worksheet by two columns.  I am using latest
Jaws 2018 on a Windows 10 computer.  I found the following instructions on
line but as they say Jaws doesn't work well with them.  Does anyone have any
suggestsions on how to improve Jaws functionality in sorting Excel
worksheets?  Any help would be appreciated.

Instructions

You need to select all of your data, including the column headings.

Use your applications key to bring up the context menu.

Select sort.

>From the Sort menu, select custom.

You are now in a dialog box which JAWS does not read well.  Use the tab key
to move around in it.  The most important things you need to find are as

follows:

--The checkbox that indicates whether or not the top row is a headings row
for the columns of data, or if it is actual data.  If you have column
headings, make sure it is checked.

--Tab until you get to a combo box, or maybe it is a list box, for which
column you want to use for sorting.  JAWS can be very uncooperative with
reading the contents.

--There are 2 more combo/list boxes that allow you to set information about
sorting on this column I.E. A-Z, Z-A, ascending, descending, etc.  Depending
on what you want your sort to look like, you may not need to deal with this.

Again, JAWS is not always cooperative with reading this information.

--There should be another set of 3 combo/list boxes that will allow you to
select the second column you want to use for your sort, as well as its
criteria.

I can never remember which column will need to be in the first set of boxes,
verses which one goes in the second set.  You will have to play around with
it.