Narator speech in safe mode is supposed to be a new feature of the latest
Microsoft Windows 10 update but it is not released yet.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of JM Casey
Sent: 20 February 2018 20:10
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] removing avast

It is possible to get speech support in safe mode, but it was something I meant
to look into and never did. I got the impression it's much easier to do with
nVDA than with JAWS. I think there are instructions on the web somewhere. The
short answer would probably be, if you just want to get it done quickly and
have sighted assistance handy, go for it. I'm glad it's not strictly speaking
necessary though.