I placed the footer message located at the bottom of every post sent to the list probably more than 8 years ago or better. I believe you will find what you need on the help page.

-----Original Message----- From: David Crowell
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:29 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] suspending this list

Hi I am going to be going away for awhile and won't even have access to my
computer.  Can anyone give me directions how to suspend getting posts to
this list.  I will definitely return to the list when I return but I need
this break.

Dave

David Ferrin
You don't have to be crazy to run a list like this, but it does help.