Just to add to Mike's explanation, be sure you follow his steps with the
application in focus where you want the * symbol verbalized differently.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List <jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com> On Behalf Of
Mike B.
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2018 7:01 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] I wont to chane the star Punctuation to say something
else

Hi Robin,

To edit the dictionary you're wanting, try the following:
1. Open the application you want to work with, & press, Insert / Jaws key + D,
to open that application's dictionary manager.
2. You should be on the, Add... button, so press the spacebar to open.
Press your backspace key a couple of times to make sure any text that might be
here is deleted.
3. Type the, * , star symbol.  Now I'm assuming you're meaning the star symbol
you get by typing, Shift + 8, on the number row above the main keyboard.
4. Tab to, Replacement Word, press the spacebar to open, enter the replacement
text, UnReconciled in a home budgit.
5. Tab to, Okay, press enter, press, Control + S, to save, & Alt +F4, to close.
If this doesn't work let us know what happened.  Using the above steps it
worked on my Windows 7 Pro computer.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end
you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.