Okay, when I downloaded vlc 3.01 again, I was unable to unzip the bard files
for the nls books.  I had to delete it without testing to see if it worked
for dvds and cds.  I couldn't get SMplayer to play dvds, but I got it to
play the cd a couple of times before it quit doing that.  Has anyone used
cyberlink powermiedia? It doesn't seem accessible, and I'm wondering if it
is interfearing with VLC when I try it.  the dvds keep coming up saying the
cyberlink powe rmedia is playing them rather than the vlc.
Justin