As a followup to what I wrote below, in Kurzweil's defense, FS Reader would
not open the long Daisy book that Kurzweil could not open.

Back to plan b,c, or d?  Smile.

Rebecca

Hello Adrian,

Call it determination or just stubbornness, smile, but I think I've found a
work-around for determining where you are when using FS Reader.

I downloaded a Daisy book from Bookshare and unzipped it.  FS Reader opened
it and the book was easily navigated, with links and headings, just as in a
web page.

There didn't seem to be page numbers at the bottom or top of pages when I
used the page-down key, so I tried the go to page command, control-g.  At
first, I just typed in a page number and pressed enter, and after a pause,
was taken there.  Then, after paying a bit more attention to what I was
hearing in the go to page dialogue, smile, I realized that it indeed gives
you the page number of your current location-which is exactly what you
wanted.

So just press control-g and it will say 30, 41 of 356, for example, because
the introductory pages which are numbered with Roman numbers are included in
the total count.

If all you want is the current page number, press escape and you're back to
the text.

I have to thank you for forcing me to try something new.  Sometines needing
to teach something is the best way to learn oneself!  LOL.

There have been occasions where my older version of Kurzweil could not open
a very long book.  I'll now have to try those with FS Reader. Initially at
first glance though, FS has done a nice job with this, and it may give me
access to books I could not get my ears around before.  I'd even played with
opening epub books, they open automatically in Edge, but I still find them
cumbersome. .

HTH.

Rebecca

"The best criticism of the bad is the practice of the better"

From:  Center for Action and Contemplation