To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2018 6:39 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Viewing/printing a document created in Pages on a Windows machine

Hi folks.

Well, I admit I am a bit stumped, and I have a deadline to meet/lots of
things to do this weekend, so I come to the list to see if anyone here can
offer any solutions.

I sent my landlord a MS word document for her to look over and edit, in
preparation for a mutual signing. She has sent it back to me for printing.
But, not as a Word document. She sent me a zip file within a zip file, which turns out to be something created using the Apple program Pages. After some
annoying poking around in this new archive folder, I have determined that
the data I am after is in an xml (apparently) file called index.xml.gz,
which I then had to use Winrar to open. Now I have my stuff, but there's no
formatting except for code. What the devil can I do with this thing? Can I
convert it to an easily printable format? I don't think I really need to
edit it anymore. However, it doesn't even seem to open properly in my web
browser (either Firefox or IE, at least).

Any suggestions? Is therea quick, reliable converter out there I can use? Or
should I just ask her to please convert back to the original format, as
apparently Pages saves by default in its own format even if it wasn't in
that format to begin with. For all I know, new versions of mS word can deal
with these things, but I only have Office 2010 on here.

Any thoughts?