From: Brian Lee
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2018 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Uninstalling Magic

Hello Mike,

The  MAGic User Guide suggests that you uninstall through the Windows
control panel, keep shared files, and choose whether or not you want to keep
customizations.  Here is the text from the user guide:

"Uninstalling MAGic
To uninstall MAGic, open the Windows Control Panel and select Programs and
Features. Select MAGic in the list and then choose Uninstall.
During the uninstall process, you can choose to remove shared components or
user settings files.
Shared Components
Shared components refer to training materials, video drivers, and other
components that are shared between different versions of MAGic, as well as
among
several other Freedom Scientific products, such as JAWS.
If you have another version of MAGic, or other Freedom Scientific products,
installed on your computer, it is recommended that you choose not to remove
shared components. If you remove them, your other Freedom Scientific
products will no longer have all the necessary files. If you have no other
Freedom
Scientific products or versions of MAGic on your system, it is recommended
that you choose to remove the shared components.
User Settings
User settings files are configuration files, scripts, and other settings
that you have customized or created. When asked, choose Yes to delete the
files, or No to keep the files on your computer."

Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net