Hi all,

Just had a reply from Sight And Sound, JAWS Support here in the U.K.
Apparently this is an issue that a few other users have encountered and
Freedomscientific are working on a fix.
So releaved in a way that it is not this laptop again as I have had a few
issues with sound card dropouts and that which I have thankfully managed to
find work around for.
It is a lovely laptop apart from the fact that the battery life is pretty
rubbish, you are lucky to get 2 hours out of it constant use.
It will last for quite a bit longer if I am just playing music to my bluetooth
speaker and not actually typing and using JAWS, seems a bit strange as JAWS is
only using the internal speakers but I guess that it is having to process a lot
more and it does turn off the hard drive after a while as well which probably
helps.
Maybe I will try disabling the bluetooth and using it constantly with JAWS but
I can't really see that this will make much different, in my experience,
bluetooth seems really efficient on power consuption.
FN+f10 is supposed to turn off the keyboard backlight but I don't think that my
model has that.
Strange thing is that in the manual, it says that fn+home will disable the
radio, I am guessing that this is the wireless radio as there is a separate
key, fn+printscreen to disable the wireless but in my opinion, the manual seems
to gbe a generic one and not the specific one for my machine as it says that
you can disable the AMD graphics in the bios but there is no option there and
when I called then, they said you can't do it.