Yes, Jerry, you can either use control-w or press the escape key to close an open message and return to the message list.

Jeff

On 4/16/2018 10:26 AM, jerry martin wrote:
Afternoon all.

I downloaded Thunderbird last week, and am learning quite a bit; however, I need confirmation regarding one of the keyboard commands.

When I am in an open email message, do I press the Control W key to get back to the inbox list? I am running the current Mozilla Thunderbird, JAWS 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Thanks all.

Jerry