I've experienced this problem inconsistently. You can have JAWS verbalize
selected text by pressing shit+JAWS key+numpad 2. Not ideal, since selected
text should be spoken immediately, but an option.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List <jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com> On Behalf Of
Sharon S
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2018 6:21 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Not talking when highlighting words

Hi all, I am running windows 10 and the latest version of Jaws 2018. After
doing the latest update when trying to select words in a word document or email
Jaws doesn't tell me what is being highlighted. Jaws lets me know what I am
highlighting when in an email inbox or in my document folder. This has only
started after the last upgrade and I haven't changed any settings. I have tried
pressing insert S to go through those settings but none of them fix the issue.

There is no problems highlighting text on webpages.

Hoping someone can help because I do allot of copying and pasting between
documents.