Got it. After finding my office program, I did the applications key, arrowed down to change, and there was the repair option. We will wait and see what happens next. Thanks for the tech help. Send me a bill (preferrably a fifty or hundred lol).

-----Original Message----- From: JM Casey
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 5:04 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Word 13 and Windows 10 Inquiry

Ok. I just did this about a month ago for my old Office 2010 instalation, because it would actually not let me uninstall it until I had performed a repair as something was broken. I'm now looking at Office 2016 in control panel, and I do not see a repair option. I discovered though that I can do this through the "modify" button in the settings app. Unfortunate as I much prefer control panel, but it seems Microsoft considers the settings app to be priority now and is trying to get people to use that for most things. The control panel/settings dichotomy is one of the most hilarious things about Windows 10, which is an oS I generally do like.

However, you might have this option in Control panel, especially as you are using an older version of Office. , so I'll try and tell you what I did. No guarantees that this won't be slightly different for your experience, but try this:

Hit windows key + r to open the run dialog box.
Type "control" (without quotes obviously) and hit enter
Control panel will open.
Hit "p" three times or so, and "programs and features" will be announced. Hit enter.
Now you can use first letter navigation to get to your "microsoft office".
Hit the applications key and you should see, at the very least, "uninstall" and "change". Maybe there will also be a "repair" option there. If not, try "change" and see what happens. Once you pick an option from that menu, remember that the user account control box will likely open and you will have to hit alt-y to click "yes".

If you have to do this through the settings app instead, as I now apparently do, the steps will be a bit different. The way I get there is to hit windows key to open the search box, and type "apps". You should hear "apps and features" if you do this. You can hit enter there. You'll see a list of installed stuff. Unfortunately these pesky new Windows apps won't let you use first letter navigation, so you'll just have to use your arrow keys and/or page down until you get to what you want, or you can type "office" into the search box, which will probably also work.

Read this page for more help with this.
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

I sympathise if you find this method a little annoying; I personally wish Microsoft just kept everything in control panel, but that's just not the way it's going.