Thanks for that, but what do you mean by control shift and number? I also
need the circumflex, and how do I get the grav to work? kk.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Griffiths, Steve" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:27 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] could someone please help
mewithfrenchandspanishaccent symbals please?

Here are a couple of other options you may want to explore.

In Word, the following keystrokes can be used to insert French or Spanish
characters):
Control + apostrophe, e gives é
Control + grave, e gives è
Control + comma, c gives ç
Control + Shift + #, n gives ñ
Those are the ones I know about - are there more accented characters you
need?

Only the first of these works for me in Outlook 2003. I don't have Word as
my e-mail editor and if I change the setting so it is, all the above
keystrokes work in Outlook too.

If you intend to use these other languages a lot, you can add the ability to
switch your keyboard language between English, French and Spanish.  This has
far-reaching effects, for instance with it set to French, the top line of
the main part of the keyboard, which in English contains the numbers, has
these characters in place of numbers 1 to 0: & é " ' ( - è _ ç à

I haven't tested the following with JAWS, but can see no reason why it
should be a problem. To add another language to your keyboard, go to Control
Panel, Regional and Language options, Languages page. Use the Details button
to open another dialogue and use the Add button to select the language you
want. Note that Spanish Spanish is listed as "Spanish (Traditional sort)".

Once you have more than one language set up, you can switch between them
with Alt + Shift.

Steve