Hi, I don't know if this is going to a member, or straight to the list, but I am searching for what type of scanner to get for Open Book that would work with Jaws. Any suggestions? Karen and Harpo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Godwin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Date sent: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:31:51 -0400
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Email Sounds In Outlook Express

Changing the new mail notification wav file in Outlook Express:

1. Tap the Windows key to open the start menu, down aero to
(Settings), and
then tap enter.
2. Down Arrow to (Control Panel), and then tap Enter.Note, if
your start
menu is set to XP view, the control panel will be located in the
start menu
list view.
3. Tap S until you hear (Sounds and Audio Devices) and then tap
enter.
4. Hold down control and Tap tab one time to move to the (Sounds
page).
5. Tap the tab key 3 times or until you hear (tree view Windows
open).
6.  Tap N until you hear (New Mail notification).
7. Tap the Tab key three times to move to the (Brows button) and
then tap
enter.
8. Hold down Shift and tap tab once and you will be placed in
the (Media
Folder list view).
9. Use the up or down arrow keys to locate the desired WAV file,
If the
desired file is not located in this folder, you must navigate to
the
location of the desired wav file. Note you can use the backspace
key to move
up a level wile in this list view. Tapping the backspace key One
time will
place you in the Windows folder, two times will place you in the
C: drive,
three times will place you in my computer and fore times will
place you on
the desktop.
10. When you have located and selected the desired wav file, Tab
to (okay)
and tap enter.
11. Tab around to the OK button again and then tap enter. You
now can use
alt-f4 to close out the Control Panel.
12. To see if the desired wav file plays when receiving a new
email, Open
Outlook Express and send a new email message to yourself and then
tap F5 to
receive it. Upon receiving the message, you should hear the
desired wav file
play!!!!