This is the last message I will say on this topic. There is no conspiracy here. The simple fact is that remote code execution security holes are pretty common. Unless the developers for this particular code are years ahead of everyone else there are undoubtedly security holes in this tandem software. Once you put the functionality into the software, someone out there will eventually figure out how to exploit it. I am not suggesting that FreedomScientific will be spying on you or anything like that. I am just saying that we see attacks like this at the university all the time, although via other vectors. Never-the-less, this just gives some hacker another bunch of code to possibly exploit.

Personally, I think the threat is relatively small because of the small install base, but saying that absolutely no one will ever get access to your machine without being invited is a bit nieve.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at: