Hi Rick,

I debated writing you off-list on this, but thought that others might want to chime in on this also.

You stated in your moderator's message that Eric and other representatives of Jaws join this list and others like it to get a feel for how their products are being received.

I don't mind that, as I know several lists that have that going on also, but the fact is, how can they get an accurate response to how their products are doing out there if we're only going to discuss the program's positive notes.

That would be like a company offering a feedback or opinions forum to their website, then editing the content so that only positive opinions were displayed.

The fact is, we were not debating FS company policy, we were offering our opinion on the 64 bit version of Jaws, and it's lack of support for XP.

Should we all simply comment to the effect that yippee, let's all go out and convert from XP to Vista, because that's where Jaws is heading?

Should we all simply forego all our computers in favour of a new computer that will handle Vista, simply because we want to take advantage of the 64 bit architecture, again, because Jaws will not support XP's version of the 64 bit architecture?

I'm sorry, but I cannot sit back and let Eric think that everyone on this list approves of this move, as it kind of leaves those of us who prefer XP out.

If we want to give Eric an accurate representation of how Jaws is being received by it's users, one should not allow him to gauge that reception from this list, but solely from the feedback forms on their site, and only from those who wish to give their opinions of their products.

I'm not sure if this makes sense or not.

All I know is that we cannot just allow everyone to let Eric think that everyone on the list approves of this, and I think this is the easiest way of showing this, not having to take the extra step of going to their website, finding the feedback form, filling it out and pressing the submit button, or what ever it's labelled.

If Eric monitors this list for how we, as a community receive FS products, or Jaws in particular, then let him get the whole picture, and not just the positive picture with all the roses and flowers.

Again, this is only my opinion, and I apologize if this goes against some of your philosophies on the list, but I feel this action of limiting our feedback in one sense, while allowing certain other feedback a bit of an oxymoron.

I would also submit, that if we discuss the 64 bit version of Jaws, isn't that also like discussing FS policy also, since we are only speculating on what the new version offers?

I don't know, it's still early and I haven't had my coffee.  Smile.

Victor
Co-moderator
Blind Movie Buffs List
Guidedogs List